Welcome October~

October 1, 2013
 The boys had a good time Sat night while I was away at the General RS Broadcast and Matt and Jarom were gone at a "Young Men's Start the Fast," Josh and Spencer entertained themselves by building and knocking over cup towers, they had a lot of fun with them (yah' so much for having plastic cups handy to drink from, not so clean anymore) but they had fun and decided to show off their cup towering skills again Sunday when we had the Sister Missionaries over for dinner.
I took a few notes from the RS session Sat that were very fitting for me right now. Despite being a typical busy fall Saturday, after the events and impressions of my past few weeks I knew I was supposed to fit the RS broadcast into our schedule as a must. I always find great spiritual nourishment from these meetings, I love them! I know that our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers and that he knows us individually and I'm very grateful for the blessing of the witnesses of the spirit and how the Holy Ghost speaks to our hearts and minds. Here's a few quotes and thoughts that stood out to me during the meeting, first our inspired prophet,
President Thomas S Monson 
"Though challenges and struggles in life are different to each, they are common to all. When fear replaces our faith, remember to pray. Prayer speaks peace to the soul, it is the anchor source of strength. Pray and be believing, pray and wait, God answers all prayers sooner or later. Through our difficult times, our Heavenly Father is always there beside us. Listen to sweet whispering of the Spirit. Remember not my will but thine be done, our Heavenly Father is all knowing, He is wiser than known."
Linda K Burton, General Relief Society President
"Go forth with faith, cheerful hearts and a great commitment to be covenant keepers. Making and keeping our covenants is an expression of our commitment to become like the Savior. As we keep our covenants, we also receive courage and strength the help us bear one anthers burdens."
Carole M Stephens, 1st Counselor in the General Relief Society 
"When you love, watch over and serve others actively in small ways you are actively participating in the work of salvation. All are invited to participate in the work of salvation. It's not about the mountain, it's about helping each other along the path one step at a time."
Linda S Reeves, 2nd Counselor General Relief Society 
"Build our lives into temples where the spirit can dwell. Our Heavenly Father allows us to be tried and tested, He is all knowing and all loving. Recognizing the ability of the Savior to completely wash us clean every week as we worthily repent and partake of the sacrament. As we rely on the atonement, keep our sacrament and baptismal covenants and go to the temple to claim our covenant keeping blessings this is critical of ourselves because Satan tears us down and only Christ can build us up. The strength and power of prayer as we feast upon the scriptures and the words of our prophets. When all is said and done, how well we have kept our covenants and tried to follow Jesus Christ is what really matter."
Looking forward to General Conference this weekend...
The RAIN is here, and boy is it ever...we've been getting DUMPED and DUMPED on!  I took these pics the other morn after I dropped Jarom off at seminary (one pic with out the flash and the other with, neither of which fully shows how much rain was coming down.)

No comments: