Work em' while they're young...

February 18, 2009 Josh has decided that he no longer likes his clothes because he's "too hot" around the house? Like father, like son. Not that Matt doesn't wear his clothes around the house but he's a hot-blooded guys as well, (him, Spencer & now Josh.)

After sweeping down the floors today (Josh held the dust-pan in his efforts to help.) Our floors needed a desperate mopping down. As I prepared the swiffer Josh was so excited because he LOVES to help mop. I didn't feel that I needed nor wanted Joshie help today in this task but there was obviously no convincing HIM of this given fact! I just wanted to do the chore and get it over with...I finally gave in, just threw an old rag on the swiffer (so he wouldn't waste the actual cleaning product/pads...those things aren't cheap) and let him go to town. The only problem was that when ever he was done & put the swiffer down, I would try to take over- thus leaving him jealous that I wanted to "have a turn," so he kept on running over to take it out of my hands since he wasn't finished yet. After he was completely finished, I looked at the floors and I decided I was finished as well, too many other tasks that still needed to be completed plus surprisingly the floors looked good enough for today with his little boy helper efforts! I know the novelty and enjoying to help clean only lasts so long at this young age, I should just enjoy it while it lasts right?

7 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so funny...I had the same thing happen today with Kaiya!! I won the battle with her and then she went back over it when I was done...I guess it is a good thing they want to help!

amie979 said...

I think it's better to have any help rather than none, I would have called it good too:)

Anonymous said...

I always have help but, usually not very "helpful" help. I know how you feel. I would have to disagree that any help is better than none however the memories are priceless.

Paige said...

Can little Josh come help me with my floors now?

Stephanie said...

With enough practice, you may never have to do your floors again!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! That is so exciting, I am happy for you guys and can't wait to hear what you are having.

John-n-Mel said...

Too funny, Tyler is the same way-but I'm with you, take the help when you can get it right? Being pregnant you pry need all the help you can get...assuming you don't have to redo it :)

John-n-Mel said...

Too funny, Tyler is the same way-but I'm with you, take the help when you can get it right? Being pregnant you pry need all the help you can get...assuming you don't have to redo it :)