Nov. 14, 2011
Ellie has been loosing all of her teeth at once, the permanent ones have started coming in but if they don't hurry and start growing back- she's not going to have many here to eat with.
Ellie had her Veterans Day concert last week. A shout out to all of our Veterans past and present who fight for our US freedoms! Ellie was "COLORADO" for one of the songs and "The Lights of Freedoms." The children lit a battery operated candle when they sang each state, she was a bit worried she'd forget her state since for some reason she had a hard time remembering it off the top of her head before the program. We had to think of ways for her to remember it so we thought of a shirt "collar" and figured if she just listened for that, she'd be good to go. Word is that she did remember and did a good job. Matt took Ellie to her concert since I had a meeting for the Primary leaders for our stake. These new year meetings are typically a dinner where they introduce the new primary theme for the year and they are usually well put together with great speakers, this year was the same as tradition so while I was a bit sad to miss the concert, I was also very pleased Matt was able to get home from work early enough to take Ellie to her concert. The messages that were given at the meeting were very uplifting and spiritual as they introduced the new theme for the year of "Chosse The Right." They focused alot on "Come What May and Love It", along with finding happiness in our teaching with patience for our Heavenly Father's children and making every day a good day. During dinner, you mix and mingle with the other primary leaders from the other wards of the stake and the evening was nice to sit back and relax, however; I could have enjoyed my time a bit more with out the lady next to me with her topic of conversation for the entire dinner portion being "THROW UP." I was thinking, you have got to be kidding me?! Eating dinner, number one the last thing I want to realize is that the FLU has been in her home taking it's course for the last two weeks through all of her kids, number TWO the fact that she had just had it herself and wasn't feeling quite well enough to really enjoy her dinner. So, she is right next to me, literally breathing on my plate as she goes about all of the events of her entire two weeks in detail of the throw up sessions of all her family members. COME ON!!!! If she was talking to me specifically, I would have quickly changed the topic of conversation, but she spoke mainly to other members of her ward that sat across from her- I mean do we really want to be talking about barf at the dinner table? I think she was probably just venting from being cooped up in her flu-fest for weeks clearly not realizing how unappetising her stories of swimming in constant throw up came across to the other ladies sitting at the table. I discretely tried to inch my chair closer to the lady sitting in the chair on the other side of me. I know her "conversation topic of choice" had been her life as she knew it for the last bit but I was actually thinking in my head, is this really for real- I've got to be on candid camera or something, was this part of "an attention getter or lesson" for the speakers of the evening???...needless to mention the fact that I lost my appetite and felt like I needed to shower down to intoxicate myself from any flu bug germs before I entered back into our home that evening. Throw up business is the last thing you want to bring home with you, even if it is that time of the year!


No comments:
Post a Comment