Nov. 7, 2011
Our little miserable guy woke up in the morning looking like a chipmunk....um, from a molar coming in?
After tooth removal, Spencer just wanted to go home but he had to wait another hour for his sister's to finish up dance classes so he rested in the car with Brooklynne fussing in the back which made him a bit irritable so we picked him up a vanilla milkshake to help with the pain and suffering of the days events. It was a bit tricky to suck through a straw still numb as can be but he managed to get it down and enjoyed it thoroughly.
After a visit to the dentist on Halloween day after quite a few x-rays, the dentist sent Spencer home saying that his terrible tooth pain that was coming from a baby molar with a filling was just sore due to another permanent tooth next to it that was coming through. I though for sure it had to be an infected tooth due to the amount of pain and tears Spencer had been in. After a miserable Halloween for Spencer who was still in a great amount of pain needless to say not a stitch of candy had been eaten by our biggest sugar-tooth of the family, he woke up the next morning with the left side of his face swollen up like a chipmunk. Okay??? So this amount of swelling is normal for a tooth coming in? I called the dentist and back we went, this time they did end up pulling the baby molar with the filling. Spencer was in so much pain, like I said he's a tough little guy so I know it had to hurt. He was a trooper, it took four separate shots of Novocaine to numb him all up and two an a half hours later before they were able to get that stinker of a baby tooth out. Hopefully after all of this, Spencer will be more diligent in his teeth brushing sessions, I highly doubt he will be wanting to go through that again any time soon.


3 comments:
Awww....I feel so sorry for him. Hope he's better now.
One word: OUCH!
What a trooper!
Oh my goodness, Carla, you said that Spencer's face had swelled up due to another tooth trying to come in, but I had no idea that it was this bad!!! Poor Spencer!
Post a Comment