The last Link of The School Year, Spills & Good News for Americans~

Monday May 2nd, 2011
So we are here already~ the last link of the school year with the count down to Summer Vacation!  With this last link comes many extra festivities, functions and FEES: to mention a few off the top of my head~ the walkathon, middle school orientation, class pictures, immunizations, special reports with library visits, graduations, choir concerts, the book fair, field trips, the girls dance pictures and recital, yearbooks, track, MSP prep class...needless to say that this past week has been a bit busier than average with our extras along with our normals- and I can't forget our backyard venture thrown into the mix. I'm not sure what the deal has been but the spills around our home in the midst of things have been upped a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I am now used to spills and messes on a daily basis- they don't phase me much any more.  But come on kids do we just have butter fingers lately or something?  As I was just mopping up Brooklynne's whole high chair tray of mac and cheese and water (I gave her a real cup of water not a bottle or tipsy since it was water I figured no big deal) but leave it to her- she managed to unlock the whole tray off her high chair and knock it on the floor- not that this was anything at all in comparison to this past weeks spills, I just got to thinking to myself they say don't cry over spilt milk but I sure am getting a bit tired of all of the spills lately!  

1st spill: Goes to Jarom, a whole chocolate cream pie not a single slice missing- all over in the frig, down the cracks of the hinges, drawers and kitchen floor...lovely! (On this one I'm not sure if I was more displeased of the spill or the fact that I wasn't going to get a slice of that pie.)
2nd spill: Spencer's apple juice at the dinner table, no big deal but none the less another spill. (On a side note he spills his drink at the dinner table on a regular basis...maybe because he's so short and in all actuality still needs a booster at the age of seven?)
3rd spill: Ellie needed her turn, a tub of smeary cottage cheese on the kitchen floor which isn't the easiest to wipe down.
4th spill: Then we have BreAnna- a whole jar of potent salsa all over inside of and the door of the refrigerator along with literally covering the kitchen floor.  
5th spill: A gallon of milk, splashed all over everything in the kitchen...way to go Jarom- you're on a roll!
6th spill: Brooklynne and Josh, we get home from Spencer's choir concert and Bre was watching Brooke and Josh (while Matt was busy plugging away in the backyard) Josh's new thing is little individual servings of the microwave popcorn that he can cook himself so he had made both him and his little sis their own bag.  Of course there's going to be pop corn everywhere expectantly but they had also helped themselves to a open big bottle of sprite as well so when we walked in the door from the concert there were puddles of sprite everywhere with the main portion covering the bench at our kitchen table and floor under the table, then lovely sticky puddles through out the kitchen.  I was like BreAnna, you've got to be kidding- you didn't see these massive sprite puddles??? Apparently she was too into her movie session of Charlotte's Web that the kids had put on which must have inspired the pop and popcorn to begin with.  

With all of the culprits- they got the honor and privilege of cleaning up their spills with mom backing up the wipe down with a more thorough process.  Maybe we all just need to SLOW down a bit?  Can't wait for Summer break, things always slow down in our house hold, most of the structured activities are put on hold for summer break.  We still have the Church things with Scouts and Activity days- and karate (which is low key in the summer months) but other than that we are wide open to spontaneous play, get aways and time together as a family. We love the outdoors and the beauty and fun of a sun filled earth that the Summer time brings to us, it doesn't have to be too hot which is why we love the great northwest and area that we live in (typically not too hot but not too cold in the summer time.)  As long as the sun is planning on coming this year that is- with all of this crazy weather I guess we can never be too sure.  We had a beautiful weekend, the sun was out and a-shining both Saturday and Sunday which was heaven sent after so much wet rain although the rain is back today but to be nice over the weekend was a sure blessing.  Last night (May 1st) there was breaking news from our US President Obama which rang positive for our troops and Americans that Osama Bin Laden was killed, many hundreds of people gathered around Ground Zero in New York where the Twin Towers fell nearly ten years ago on Sept 11th, there was much celebrating and waving American flags.  For America and the world justice has finally been served for the vicious Al-Qaida terrorist acts and innocent deaths of so many of our loved ones and it was great to hear that no US soldiers were killed in the act.  A historic date in moving forward for sure, proud to be an American~

1 comment:

Ady said...

I love the honesty of your posts--life is messy sometimes with spills, isn't it?:) Thus, I thought of you today and this post of yours when Logan spilled a whole glass of milk across the table. (And I tried to be calm, especially when Logan said, "It was just an accident!"