Soccer isn't our life but to say that soccer is consuming our Fall season would be right on. Between the two boys practices Mon, Tue, Wed and Thur are covered then games on Saturday (I am so thankful that Bre opted not to play soccer this year for the simple fact that swinging practices and games get a bit tricky with multiple players, especially keeping the younger ones happy and content in the process, we would have made it work if she had wanted to play though- no doubt Josh will be joining the soccer saga here soon) the girls do however have Fridays covered with their dance classes (three hours worth) so no dull moments. This year both of the boys are playing through AYSA and Jarom is really having a GREAT time with his coach and team. He is loving stepping the whole soccer thing up and playing teams from different surrounding cities on away games. His first game was at May Wood Middle School, (Matt's old Middle School that he went to as a kid over in Renton/Issaquah.) Then the second game was at Kent Highlands High right next to Brodie and Stephanie's (Matt's sisters) house, so it's been nice that we've been a bit familiar with some of the areas and fields. Today, they had a home game at Mt. View High in Auburn, the field and bleachers were nice and the boys did a great job, it's fun to see them progress in their abilities and technique over the years! I was able to go to the first half to catch a few action pics of the game before I had to take off to Spencer's soccer pics. and game.
Spencer is having a fun time as well. It's so cute, he just loves it when his coach will tell him he's doing a good job or he's being aggressive, or he's a fast runner- he just thrives on those compliments and I'm pretty sure it only makes Spencer want to try harder to do his best...it reminds me just how far a compliment can go and the power of positive words. The weather has been FABULOUS this fall season thus far (knock on wood) we have really lucked out in the no rain department on game days...I'm sure it'll come but we are certainly enjoying the lack of so far. For some reason no matter how beautiful the weather is, the main field that Spencer's games are held at El Lako El. is always a muddy mess (it must be from bad drainage or something, rain boots are our best bet.)
1 comment:
I'm so happy that you posted pictures of the boys playing soccer... Seriously, it was just the other night that I was laying in bed, missing my big sister's, and their families over in good old Washington, when I thought that it would sure be fun to see some pictures of Jarom, and Spencer in action, on the soccer field. Carla, you did a great job capturing these action shots. When I look at the pictures I feel like I'm right there cheering the boys on!
Post a Comment