Game On with the POWER TOOLS...

With work and jobs, callings, chauffeuring, and just plain family life duties in general, free time to just dink around seems few and far between- if there are a few minutes here or there most likely there is really something out of necessity that needs to be done inside or outside of the home (maintenance speaking.) This getting up at 6:00am thing (thanks to a middle school student) has really turned out to be a nice thing for me, the rest of the family gets up at 8:00am so after Jarom jumps on the bus at 6:30am, I'm able to have a little "me" time- usually a shower, scripture reading, or a bit of exercise or even deep house-cleaning (kid-free...goes so much faster w/o interruptions) and of course blogging which is really my journaling- but so much funner than the typical writing in a journal days.  I am really not a morning person, Brookie still wakes up a few times a night and there are many times I tell myself "I am soooo going back to bed after I get lunches made and Jarom off to school" but by the time he's out the door I am wide awake and ready to get my day on, so it's a good thing!  Alright, so speaking of dinking around with free time- Matt's "Me/Free Time" is LATE at night on the weekends- so lately he's been doing a bit of restoration work on an arcade game, a Mario Brothers arcade that he's been toying with in the garage.  Him and the boys have been having a hay-day with this project.  And of course we all know Matt, who is destin to some day own a "Family Fun Center Chain" of his very own...maybe if he has anything to do with it in the walls of our very own home...(not if I have anything to do with it...but it's starting to look like it w/ all of these big boy arcades...) We are both quite frugal people, some would like to call us "penny pinchers" but when it comes to games and fun centers for some reason Matt is always the first to drop a pretty penny at those places for the kids (and himself) to have fun times together, it's just him- they love it though.  So, back to my story- the two little ones and I had hit up Costco the other day to mainly pick up makings for dinner and a pair of boots for Brooklynne (thanks Sarah for the tip) and we decided to look around for a few early Christmas shopping opportunities for the kids cousins since we have already drawn names- I saw this little Black and Decker tool set that looked so realistic and cute and thought it'd be perfect for one of the boy cousins, it has a saw, a measuring tape, a leveler, goggles, a couple of drills, flash light, ect it's a complete set...anyways, needless to say- Josh had a different idea, he fell in love and wanted the tool set for himself!  With Matt working in the garage with all of the power tools Josh has been right there with Matt under his feet giving all of his little efforts and help and his eyes just completely lit up with the thought of his very own tool set.  I couldn't resist, I told him we'd get it for his b-day (in November) but he'd have to wait to open it until then.  Long story short, we took it home and for a little three year old boy- there was just NO waiting two months, so after a bit of bribery for good behavior, he landed himself an early b-day present and many late hours in the garage with daddy and the boys...this time he has a power tool set of his own...GAME ON!!!  
September 21, 2010

2 comments:

The Kinsey Family said...

What a fun project for all of the boys to work on... The mario brothers makes it quite the fitting name... As the brothers are working together. Josh must have been so happy when he got to go out to the garage to work on the game with his new tool set. (Neat tool set, by the way)!

Heidi said...

Ha ha...Ella also HAD to have one of her Christmas presents Cirdan bought her today. Kids are funny. 6:00 is early! I am not looking forward to those days!
By the way - I had my sister send you a baby shower invite but it was to the wrong email. I resent to the correct one!