Follow In His Footsteps...

Friday June 11, 2010
Friday evening, we had a Primary Activity entitled "Follow In His Footsteps" for church.  It was a activity centered around Jesus Christ and his ministries and life on earth. We had five different stations set up and followed an outline that Noelle (our Primary Pres) found online on Sugardoodle I believe, these consisted of The Miracle of The Loaves & Fishes, The Fishers of Men, The Foolish & Wise Man, The Lost Coin/ & Sheep, and a Video/Testimony of Jesus Christ.  We divided the kiddos up into five groups that were set apart by the color of foot that was on their bag and they put their little hand outs or goodies from each station into their bags then they rotated stations every 10 min. following their leader w/ their coordinating Big Colored Foot. Each member of the presidency and the singing coordinator did a station and we wore Togas to show the kids what type of clothes Jesus and the people in that time kinda wore.  It was a sucessful activity (although I really didn't get too many pics since I was busy manning my station the majority of the time.) But we got quite a bit of good feed back saying it was the "best primary activity ever" from some of the primary teachers and even my own kids (Jarom being one of them which surprised me since he didn't exactly want to go at first... being a Friday night he wanted to play outside w/ his friends before hand.) I think it was a good distribution of more reverent/spiritual parts and fun parts for the kids.  We ended the activity with foods that Jesus would have eaten back then fish, bread w/ honey (butter), grapes, cheese, and olives.

2 comments:

Ty and Racheal Cummings said...

I loved it. It was a great activity!
~Racheal

The Kinsey Family said...

Gosh, it seems just like a year ago when I was attending my primary activites. What a great idea for a primary activity. The kids must have had so much fun participating in this activity day.