Loving My Girls!

February 27, 2009
You've just got to love little girls and they are so honest and innocent, sometimes...however, brutally honest. The other morning, (Wednesday being a late start it allows all of us to sleep in a tad) Bre came and hopped into my bed w/ me and as I reluctantly rolled out of bed to get my day on she says, "mom, no offense but your stomach isn't really getting any bigger but everything else is." Thanks Bre...I told her I'd remember that when she was pregnant. (Plus she hasn't seen nothing yet, I'm just getting started!) Of course, she sees the lovely experience pregnancy is from her mother so she reminded me of what she has been saying for years that she's just not having any children. We shall see. Ellie on the other hand, I am certain will bear me enough grand children for the both of them so no worries...as a matter of fact, today after the kids had been waiting out for the bus a few minutes- Ellie came running frantically back into the house yelling "I can't believe I almost forget my baby (her doll.)" After she grabbed he doll and ran back out to catch the bus, Spencer goes..."mom, Ellie could have missed the bus and that's more important than her doll- it's not like it's a real baby." Sometimes, in her eyes I think she feels like her dolls really are real, it's actually quite cute. Ellie is sooooooo excited about her real baby brother or sister on the way. She looks forward to every Sunday when our baby "GROWS" (the baby ticker on the right hand side of the blog, the picture of the baby changes every Sunday, so she gets to see the changes it goes through.) So, on a side note- I think I'm starting to feel better...not to jinx myself or anything. We are into the second trimester, it just seems like whenever I have a good day...I'll be like FINALLY, I'm over the whole sickness thing and the next day bamb...uh, no, I guess not quite yet! Oh well, little miracles from above are always CERTAINLY worth the joys of the pregnancy journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome...at least it was your kid making the comment. When I was pregnant this last time my husband told me that my stomach didn't look any bigger than when I had been pregnant before but, my hips and butt were way bigger...like I said before, at least it was your kid.