Some More Snowy Snow!!!

SNOW, SNOW, SNOW..
and it's still coming down!
December 21, 2008

Last night (Saturday) as the snow fell from the sky in buckets, our fam dared the snow (that felt more like ice falling from the sky) and went out on foot in search for a hill to slide down on the sleds with. Our neighborhood is totally FLAT which is great except when it snows, we walked down a ways towards the industrial buildings and found the perfect sloped parking lot. The kids had such a fun time thanks to dad who gave them a nice push for good measure each trip down the hill.

WEEEEEE!

Bre pushing chilly Spencer.

Jarom with his robber mask.
Dad pulling the kids up the hill.
Bre sliding down the way.
Matt and the older kids stayed out way longer than the younger two and myself. As the wind kicked up, the snow was just too cold blowing on the little boys faces! Josh and Spencer were content little campers watching the snow fall from inside the warmth of the front window.

We got a phone call last night with the news of no church today, needless to say it was welcoming news...not only because I hadn't planned my primary lesson yet but it gave our family the chance to stay up late on a Saturday night and to camp out in the family room watching Christmas movies all night with out the stress of 9am church in the morning. We had fun in the snow today as well, we built snowmen (the snow finally stuck well enough) and forts and threw around a few snow balls with the kids. Matt shoveled the driveway and walk, he likes to do that- I think that's how he gets his snow fill for the year. It's still snowing being 5pm, I think it has pretty much been snowing since noon yesterday...that's got to be in the record books for around here??? Matt went back out in the snow with the kids, they were excited to show dad the pond down the street, Josh is still napping so mom is blogging. Looking forward to a white Christmas, only four more days!

2 comments:

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

Matt is more than welcome to come and get the snow off our 'driveway' (about 60 apartments worth!) =D. Victor did the sidewalks/front porches of all 60 but as for the parking lot, not happening.

We sledded too. I was excited last night as the phone call came in (which I totally called - phone rang and I said, "church is canceled" and then answered it and you betcha it was!)

The Haley Family said...

That is so much snow...I wish we would get some real stuff here. I can still see the grass...which is so WEIRD for us!

FUN TIMES!