June 1, 2008
Where did May go? Can't believe that June is already here and that the kids will be out of school for summer vacation in just a few short weeks. I told Jarom that if we still lived in Idaho that they'd be out of school already, CRAZY!
Each Friday as our girls are in their dance class, the boys and I will often find ourselves passing time by going to Ben Franklin (the craft store next to their dance studio in Bonney Lake.) I had been eyeing these "Nifty Knitter" sets for awhile thinking that they would be PERFECT for the girls to learn how to knit with. One of the gals that I visit teach in our ward was using one of them one day and she said they were super easy. I taught Bre how to crochet awhile back & she got really good at the single stick but she would get frustrated holding the hook w/ just the right tension and in between her fingers as she would try to go back over the single stitches to make any sort of blanket or scarf.
Let me tell you all, these nifty knitters are FANTASTIC and Friday night we (all of the girls) stayed up well past midnight knitting away.
Ellie started a blanket, then when she saw how fast my baby hat that I had made went together & how cute it was she decided to try one herself to make for one of her dolls.
The boys had their own fun evening planned as they headed off to Buck Creek for a guys camping over-nighter, guess it's way up highway 410 past Enumclaw.
They had a fun night and Jarom can't stop talking about how good of a time he had. Matt says that we're going back as the whole family, they said the waterfalls, river & hiking were great. They were cold as they slept at night was the only complaint that I heard. This is Spencer exhausted from a late night after they got home laying on the pile of sleeping stuff. Notice he's pants-less...the only negative part of a camp out, all of the filthy dirty clothes that mom gets to wash after the fact! (his pants & socks were a muddy mess and as a necessity had to come off before he was allowed in the house.) Matt told us that Spencer slept with his flash light in his hands all night long.

Each Friday as our girls are in their dance class, the boys and I will often find ourselves passing time by going to Ben Franklin (the craft store next to their dance studio in Bonney Lake.) I had been eyeing these "Nifty Knitter" sets for awhile thinking that they would be PERFECT for the girls to learn how to knit with. One of the gals that I visit teach in our ward was using one of them one day and she said they were super easy. I taught Bre how to crochet awhile back & she got really good at the single stick but she would get frustrated holding the hook w/ just the right tension and in between her fingers as she would try to go back over the single stitches to make any sort of blanket or scarf.
Let me tell you all, these nifty knitters are FANTASTIC and Friday night we (all of the girls) stayed up well past midnight knitting away.
Ellie started a blanket, then when she saw how fast my baby hat that I had made went together & how cute it was she decided to try one herself to make for one of her dolls.
The boys had their own fun evening planned as they headed off to Buck Creek for a guys camping over-nighter, guess it's way up highway 410 past Enumclaw.
They had a fun night and Jarom can't stop talking about how good of a time he had. Matt says that we're going back as the whole family, they said the waterfalls, river & hiking were great. They were cold as they slept at night was the only complaint that I heard. This is Spencer exhausted from a late night after they got home laying on the pile of sleeping stuff. Notice he's pants-less...the only negative part of a camp out, all of the filthy dirty clothes that mom gets to wash after the fact! (his pants & socks were a muddy mess and as a necessity had to come off before he was allowed in the house.) Matt told us that Spencer slept with his flash light in his hands all night long.
After the campout, Matt and Jarom cleaned out the garage...it needed some major TLC. They took a car-load of junk & trash to the dumpster. They worked on the bamboo fly rods after that in a nice clean environment. Auhhh, if I can't park in the garage (since it's turned into Matts shop) at least we can have a cleared out path the walk through to get to the cars parked in the driveway. It's the worst, dodging the kids bikes & toys and shoes as you're hauling in groceries! Let's see how long it lasts.

I'm not sure exactly how many ice cream makers we've had since we were married. Matt and I were married in the summer (July) & ended up with ten for wedding presents, I kid you not...we've got it on video (the one we registered for was on sale at Target) We knew what most of them were w/o even unwrapping them just by the size and feel of the box! Well, we took 9 of them back. Since then I know we've bought a couple more, we really only break them out during the summer time and in between we'd always loose parts for some reason. So, for Matts b-day one of the presents the kids picked out for him was another ice cream/smoothie maker. Matt broke it out and made some icecream one night with the kids when I was sick in bed. So Saturday evening I decided to make some more w/ our kids and all of the neighbor kids as well. We made chocolate with chunks of snickers, it was yummy. There's nothing like home-made icecream! Only problem, the icecream maker needs to be bigger so we can make more at one time...maybe we should have kept more of the ones we got for wedding presents!
This morning we went to Matts cousin Heidis babys blessing, little Ella Rose in the Lake Holms area of Auburn. She is a cutie and looked adorable in her little white blessing dress! It was a nice blessing and afterwards we went over to their home for a luncheon which was good as well, it was nice to get a chance to see and catch up with the extended family.
3 comments:
That is a great idea! I need to get one of those for Kaiya and I!
That's so cute, it makes me want a daughter so I can do girly things like that...Even though my boys have tried to "help" with my nifty knitter, but you know that will only last so long.
Those nifty knitters look great! I will have to pick one up. Rylie's grandma showed her how to crochet and she really likes it.
Post a Comment