October 20, 2016
So this picture may have you wondering what little Miss Saydee is holding in her hands since they are kind of hidden in her hands and the photos are a bit blurry but it was SO FUNNY, I had to get my phone out to try to snap a picture! So we had already made a trip into Costco to do some shopping and might I importantly add that Saydee doesn't have much patience for shopping these days, I seem to find myself at the grocery store or craft store or Walmart/Target type of store on a daily basis these days just trying to keep up with the demands of the kids lists for school, functions, activities, pets, sports, birthdays...yaddi yaddy you get it, and then with my calling as the YW Pres at church as we are amongst hosting fun festivities such as the Fall Festival, Night in Excellence, Angel Breakfast and prepping for New Beginnings in the New Year, so there's a lot of "stuff" and "items" to track down and coordinate which equals to a lot of shopping in the now. Errand time has to be during the day because after the kids get home from school I can just forget about getting anything on my page accomplished. Yeah so Saydee gets a bit tired of it or maybe when we are running our errands in the day time, at times she may just tend to be tired in general and need a good ole nappy. So at Costco, in the midst of Saydee kicking her shoes and socks off to the dirty floor three times and throwing a fit that she wanted to sit in the back of the cart not wanting to be strapped safely in the front, she continued to try to stand up and jump out of the cart. I finally just put her shoes and socks in the diaper bag and opened the big bag or cutie oranges that we were purchasing to let her have a snack (which she sucked the juice out of each slice and continued to throw those onto the floor as well, lol the joys!) Anyways, after Costco I had to hit the Dollar Tree on the way home to buy eight gift bags (yes, 8 babies are being born in our ward in the next few months so we are having a 8 woman baby shower this weekend which meant 8 baby gifts which Costco was great for!) So after arriving at our next destination, picking my battles I just forget about Saydee's socks all together, slipped her shoes on and we were good to go. When we walked into the Dollar Tree there was absolutely no getting Saydee into the cart (super strong willed, the youngest of seven- this girl knows what she wants.) Okay, whatever- not wanting to cause a scene I let her walk. One may wonder why I just wouldn't let her walk at Costco, well in short she is pretty much destin' to be the next Olympian Gold Medal Runner is why, she is so fast and takes off in no time flat, gone..seriously! What harm could she do in the little Dollar Tree though, so I let her walk...well for a bit at least. We go into the Dollar Tree and it was full out stocked and set for not just Halloween but Christmas also and Saydee was so happy to see everything! I first get distracted looking at some cute Christmas ornaments that I thought would be cute on top of Christmas presents this year and then Saydee gets so excited saying something and sits down to take off her shoes which as we know she is known for, making herself comfortable on the floor. I'm trying to tell her no, we have to leave our shoes on to walk around but she wouldn't get up off the floor until she got her shoes off and then she immediately pops up and starts freaking out pointing at the ornaments so I let her hold the ones she was pointing at and continue to grab the ornaments that I was eyeing. Well in the mean time, she sits back down and is trying to put the "Little Red Sparkly Christmas Stocking Ornaments" on her own feet, it was hilarious. It all made sense now why she just had to get her shoes off so bad. I know I've mentioned in the past that this girl loves her shoes (mainly high heels and her older sisters shoes that aren't hers) so when she spotted these red gitltzy shoes- in her eyes she just had to try them on, it was a sight...kind of like Cinderella's stepsisters as they tried to squish their big foot into the little glass slipper, yeh' not going to happen :) of course then she got irritated that they didn't fit her and threw another fit, but oh was it funny. With this little tired girl, the tantrum didn't last long before she soon spotted something else that attracted her eye as she darts off running through the store bare foot to get to her destination... which in turn led her back strapped into the shopping cart, never a dull moment. Saydee is going to love Christmas this year, she will have fun putting her glitzy red shoes aka stocking ornament on the Christmas tree!



No comments:
Post a Comment