Date Night at the Scout Restaurant *****

Jarom's Boy Scout Troop 521 pulled off an excellent dinner for their Boy Scouts Fundraiser.  The food was DIVINE!!!  Jarom's Boy Scout Master is a chef, they cater dinners for Microsoft and other such higher end business functions.  Chef Ramsey is his name ironically enough, it must be in the name.  With his direction, the boys did a fantastic job and it was a night that left you wanting more dinners like it.  Can I hire him on as our personal family chef?  But wouldn't that be a dream?!  It was a three course meal with after dinner treats (some coconut balls and also some chocolate dipped p.butter yummies and a rose for the ladies at the end of the evening- how about that!)  Everything was so tasty down to the butter/garlic/herb who knows what spread (but was it ever good stuff) that you spread on the bread before the dinner even began!  I can only imagine how much work it must have been on the part of the leaders (boy scouts aside) but we're keeping our fingers crossed this will turn into a traditional fundraiser for years to come.  We invited Matt's parents and they're still talking about it.  The boys went through a bit of training on the cooking and serving end before the event and they were all very professional about their jobs.  There were candles and white lights, very Five Star-ish Restaurant style.  Jarom was a cook for the evening but also got to pass out roses at the end of the night so guess who ended up with two roses?  The perks of my son's job~they all did a great job.
Jarom went home with his buddy Layton after the evening was over for a sleep over.  Matt left our pay check at work in Kent, so we extended our date to World CNG after the Scout restaurant so we could pick up our check and deposit it so we could get our mortgage paid.  Since I had my camera, I was able to snap a few pics of the vehicles they are working on at the present time.  Since Matt has been driving one of the CNG Impala's, he took me by the filling station to let me fill up the tank for my first Compressed Natural Gas fill-up, we were surrounded by quite a few big buses filling up.  I was a rookie and needed a little assistance but now that I know how to do it, maybe it'd be easier my second time round.  

2 comments:

The Kinsey Family said...

That Scout 5 star dinner looked so yummy, & has got to be the best/fanciest looking church function dinner I've ever seen... Way to go troop 521!!!

I was seriously wondering how World CNG filled up their cars, & now I know... Honestly, I thought that their was some type of canister that they put on the car, kind of like a big battery, & once you put the canister on the car you were good to go... Lol, boy was I off! The process looks like a regular gas fill up. (I'm sure their is a lot more involved in the filling up process but, the general look of it all is what I'm trying to get at.)

Shae and Wes Noble said...

I'm super impressed with the scout restaurant! That looked super classy.

It is cool to see what is going on with CNG. I had no idea you could fill up the car like that