Did The Puyallup

The Fall Puyallup Fair...Get Your Glee On!
September 2010
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
  
 
 
  
 
 

 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
We took the kids out of school on Wednesday to do the Fair thing.  This was the first year we've ever pulled them out of school for the day- so it was a very special year!  We decided to do the "dizzy pass" deal and it's not offered on the weekends when we typically would try to go.  It was a packed day full of plenty of fun and excitement!  The weather was ideal, it was warm into the evening and we didn't end up pulling our jackets out until after 9:00pm.  I think we pretty much did a bit of everything for the full fair experience!  The animals, the dairy bar, the cotton candy, the caramel apples, the rides, the games, crusty pups, elephant ears, exhibits, the fall harvest,     
Josh was even in heaven when he got to put on a banana suit for a picture! It was so cute when I gave Brookie a piece of cotton candy she was getting a bit tired and she thought I was giving her a blankie- she rubbed the cotton candy next to her face like she does with all of her soft blankets, she was quite confused when I kept attempting to stick it in her mouth for her- of course after the first taste, it was all over though...mmmm, mmmm good- pure sugar!  A few highlights of the day: the older four kids had fun walking on water in these big blown up balls, they reminded me of hamsters! BreAnna got her whole head of hair curled in a demonstration with a new cool ceramic curling iron with a bit of dads help.  Ellie bargained with a kind man at his hat station and paid $11.00 for a $15.00 hat, way to wheel and deal Miss Ellie. Matt was sure to please by winning the kids some stuffed animals and they even won a few of their own, Spencer was happy to get his first fair caramel apple covered in m and m's,  I was happy to get my 1/2 raspberry 1/2 cinnamon and sugar elephant ear and root beer float, Jarom and Spencer went on the gravetron (as a tradition) only Jarom made the mistake of scarfing down a piece of pepperoni pizza right before he got on the ride, he got a bit of a sore tummy for a while, we also met up with Brodie and Stephanie and Jake and Sarah with their kids for a bit to do some rides and games with the cousins which was fun. The only let down was Ellie didn't get to go on the big roller coaster- being the dizzy pass day the lines for the rides were crazy and we didn't want to wait in that line forever, she was pretty bumbed about that one but there's always next year.  We enjoyed a good foot vibration before heading back to the car, we were on our feet for a long time!  We had a fun-filled (and might I add tummy-filled) day, we closed the place down getting to our car after 11:00pm, after baths and showers were taken for all of the kids, they were in bed by mid night...not the best bed time for a school night.  Although I am happy to say that all of the kids caught their bus on time the following morning but I do have to admit 6:00am sure came early that morning!   

3 comments:

The Kinsey Family said...

I can tell from the pictures that everyone had the time of their lives... What a fun day, I'm sure your kids will always remember this day, the day that they got to skip school, just to go hang out at the fair. Fun, fun, fun.

Heidi said...

Looks like you guys had a fun full day at the fair! I love all the pictures. Walking on water seems interesting and fun!

Susanne Holland Spicker said...

It looks like everyone had a blast! Those hamster water-walking balloons looked so fun!! I have had so much reading your blog and seeing your great pictures! Even though we're miles apart, and the kids have never met me, I feel like I'm watching your family grow! Thanks you for having such a great blog!