Turkey Day Came Early

September 29, 2008
Ellie getting the Turkey Dinner table set.
Our ward has three missionaries and we had them over for dinner last night. As I was torn over what to make for dinner when they came over, Matt said "make a turkey!" Since we will be away for Thanksgiving this year and I cook a turkey every year some time during the festive season, I thought what better opportunity! It worked out good since my parents were in town tending to Tracey's kids I had them bring Nathan & Lydia over for dinner to join us while Tracey & Jon enjoyed a more quiet Sunday evening to themselves with the new baby.
Checking to see if the BIG BIRD is finished. Isn't this the coolest ear of corn? We had a few of them like this that the Erickson's sent home with us from their garden, mama & baby ears I guess. Cute huh? The kids had fun husking theses ones inparticular!
All Done, mmmm...I have to admit, this was the moistest turkey ever, it was really good! That's always a good thing when the most important part of the meal turns out, dry turkeys are no fun! Looking forward to turkey noodle soup and turkey sandwiches. Turkey leftovers are the best. Carving the Turkey.
Turkey Time with all the trimmings! I took a few really cute pics of all the kids with the three missionaries but when my cameras batteries are going dead, it pretty much remembers the pictures it wants to remember so we lost those ones, so sad! The missionaries gave the kids a really cute lesson on repentance and used symbolism from The Cars Disney movie. How lightning McQueen was speeding and ruined the towns road & got his all dirty covered in tar and how he had to fix the road to make things right and then afterwards he got all clean w/ a new paint job, wheels, ect. It was a really cute take on it! So after the missionaries left for the night, guess what movie the kids wanted to watch? Yep, you guessed it! CARS.
The kids table, Jarom got to sit at the big peoples table this time.
Say "Turkey" kids!

5 comments:

Stacie said...

YUM, so very jealous as a prego that really sounds yummy! everything looks super cute what a sweet thing to do for the missionaries

Sarah J. said...

Now I need to add Turkey Dinner to my list of things I'm looking forward to! :)

amie979 said...

yummmm! I bet the missionaries love your family, especially after that dinner.

Heidi said...

YUM! That looks delicious!!

benjaminandwendy said...

We're gearing up for our
Pre-thanksgiving dinner too--got the yams already!
Looks very yummy! Do you use those bags to roast your turkeys in?