May 14, 2008
We went to the kids Art Festival at the school last night while Jarom was at Scouts.
Ellie was happy to see her art piece with a big blue ribbon on it, it came in 1st for the Kindergarten division. Bres had also came in 2nd for the 2nd graders, good job girls.
Josh wanted his picture taken next to the art work as well, he plopped right down on his bumb and said "cheese."
The kids wanted to pick out a book from the book fair that was going on at the school, it was buy one get one free (being the last book fair of the year so we gave in.)
The school walls were lined with art work that all of the classes had done during school, this was one we found of Jaroms.
After Scouts Jarom was happy to see the book we picked out for him was one that he had been wanting for awhile. Jarom had a busy day, I say that because the day before he spent bed-ridden because he was so sick. Dare I say it, we have been sick once again with the flu bug...I've stopped counting or maybe it's lost track of how many times we've gotten one of these bugs this year, it's quite ridiculous & unbelievable! So the kids had a half day at school getting out at 12 noon, from there Jarom went with some of his friends to see the "Speed Racer" movie for a friends b-day party, they had a whole day planned of fun things for the boys, I hear they first ate lunch, saw the movie, went out for ice cream after wards then back to the house for some games, pizza & cake & ice cream, we picked him up from the party and headed to his Scout field trip to a local nursery. He survived the day, I guess being his mom I just felt bad because I knew he still wasn't feeling 100% from being so sick before hand. On a little cute note: as we've been reading the scriptures as a family, occasionally we'll come across the other word for donkey in the scriptures (you know the three letter one starting w/ "as") and since the kids know it's not an appropriate word we'll always substitute it for the word donkey, so the kids won't have to feel uncomfortable saying it, not that it's a huge deal but that's just what we do. Well Jarom comes home from the Speed Racer movie with one concern, he goes "mom, I don't think Spencer should see that movie because they said the other word for donkey four times, only they weren't referring to a donkey. I got a chuckle, it was nice to know he was aware of the language I guess, sometimes when we are so desensitized from it we don't even notice.
Yesterday afternoon, I was making a treat for my young womens calling at church so I let the kids go to town w/ the left over sugar cookie dough. They always have a good time making their own cookies.

The school walls were lined with art work that all of the classes had done during school, this was one we found of Jaroms.
After Scouts Jarom was happy to see the book we picked out for him was one that he had been wanting for awhile. Jarom had a busy day, I say that because the day before he spent bed-ridden because he was so sick. Dare I say it, we have been sick once again with the flu bug...I've stopped counting or maybe it's lost track of how many times we've gotten one of these bugs this year, it's quite ridiculous & unbelievable! So the kids had a half day at school getting out at 12 noon, from there Jarom went with some of his friends to see the "Speed Racer" movie for a friends b-day party, they had a whole day planned of fun things for the boys, I hear they first ate lunch, saw the movie, went out for ice cream after wards then back to the house for some games, pizza & cake & ice cream, we picked him up from the party and headed to his Scout field trip to a local nursery. He survived the day, I guess being his mom I just felt bad because I knew he still wasn't feeling 100% from being so sick before hand. On a little cute note: as we've been reading the scriptures as a family, occasionally we'll come across the other word for donkey in the scriptures (you know the three letter one starting w/ "as") and since the kids know it's not an appropriate word we'll always substitute it for the word donkey, so the kids won't have to feel uncomfortable saying it, not that it's a huge deal but that's just what we do. Well Jarom comes home from the Speed Racer movie with one concern, he goes "mom, I don't think Spencer should see that movie because they said the other word for donkey four times, only they weren't referring to a donkey. I got a chuckle, it was nice to know he was aware of the language I guess, sometimes when we are so desensitized from it we don't even notice.
Yesterday afternoon, I was making a treat for my young womens calling at church so I let the kids go to town w/ the left over sugar cookie dough. They always have a good time making their own cookies.
Mothers Day is always a fun one...if you're a mother I suppose, I love my husband & my children and it's always nice to be reminded that you're appreciated & to feel extra special for the day.
This Mothers Day, we went out to Kent as Stephanie & Brodies new addition Gracie was blessed at church and for a Blessing/Mothers Day Brunch afterwards. They had a whole spread of yummy foods, including omelets, breakfast muffins, sticky buns, fruits, cakes & breads. It was a nice morning with the whole extended Jackson clan.
Some of the kids fun Mothers Day Surprises.
See, what mother wouldn't feel special?!

Dave and Stacie also made an official announcement, I believe they announced it in Matts moms Mothers Day card. They are expecting a new addition in December, congrats and best wishes to their family & for a smooth pregnancy Stacie! You know now that I think about it, did I ever mention that Tracey and Jon (The Ericksons are expecting as well?) Yes, that'll be #3 for them, I just sent all of my maternity clothes home w/ my sis Tracey the other week. Now if I remember correctly they are due in August or September, I just talked to Tracey yesterday when she called for a cookie recipe and she says she's feeling better as far as the nauseousness so that's a good thing! There's no better news than a growing family...all of these pregnant mommies, too much excitement!
This Mothers Day, we went out to Kent as Stephanie & Brodies new addition Gracie was blessed at church and for a Blessing/Mothers Day Brunch afterwards. They had a whole spread of yummy foods, including omelets, breakfast muffins, sticky buns, fruits, cakes & breads. It was a nice morning with the whole extended Jackson clan.
Some of the kids fun Mothers Day Surprises.
See, what mother wouldn't feel special?!
Dave and Stacie also made an official announcement, I believe they announced it in Matts moms Mothers Day card. They are expecting a new addition in December, congrats and best wishes to their family & for a smooth pregnancy Stacie! You know now that I think about it, did I ever mention that Tracey and Jon (The Ericksons are expecting as well?) Yes, that'll be #3 for them, I just sent all of my maternity clothes home w/ my sis Tracey the other week. Now if I remember correctly they are due in August or September, I just talked to Tracey yesterday when she called for a cookie recipe and she says she's feeling better as far as the nauseousness so that's a good thing! There's no better news than a growing family...all of these pregnant mommies, too much excitement!
3 comments:
Your kids are so sweet. I love all their little cards.
Such sweetness...something I get to look forward to!
Okay, seriously!? You're my role model! I wasn't joking saying you are Suzie Homemaker! Those magic cookies were adorable! And as yummy!
Your cards are cute! You are such a fun mom! Hey, Let's get together this week. Maybe we could meet at the park for lunch and let the kids play. Are you free Thursday?
Post a Comment